17.11.10

--> London \ a whole new story \ una historia completamente nueva








When my parents asked me what London looked like, I hesitated for a second, put my thinking face on and then - absolutely sure about what I was going to say - I just blurted: grey.

Black coats, white clouds, heavy stone buildings, black tube line. The minute after I was actually surprised how quick my mind sumup all the input data from last month and easily resolved the quiz with that kind of cliché image of London. "That could not be right", I thought.

So that is why when I came back to 17 Rutherford House I decided to recognize the colours that perhaps I had been missing for weeks. Coincidence or not, the day after I had arrived, my friend Arnau and I talked about Clerks, one legendary movie of the 90s, which was actually filmed in black and white due to the low budget of the producer who was - not a coincidence - also the director and THE silent character. Of course, we saw the movie and, although I was born in colour TV era, the subject made me remember my teenage years watching Wayne’s World and Beavis and Buthead.

Sometimes colours might be just a simple add on, but I want to believe they are in this case essential.

These are some "Sweded" images of London, a kind of new exercise I am into. Also a re-view of the city.

-----

Cuando mis padres me preguntaron cómo era Londres, dudé un segundo, puse mi cara pensativa, para luego, absolutamente segura de lo que iba a decir, espetar: gris.

Abrigos negros, nubes blancas, pesados edificios de piedra, línea de metro de color negro. Un minuto después estaba completamente sorprendida de lo rápido que mi mente había resumido todo lo observado durante el último mes y cómo resolvió el acertijo con semejante idea cliché de lo que es Londres. "Esto no puede ser", pensé.

Así que cuando volví a pisar 17 Rutherford House decidí "reconocer" los colores que quizás había estado obviando durante semanas. Ya sea pura coincidencia o no, el día después de haber llegado, mi amigo Arnau me habló de Clerks, una de las películas más rompedoras de los años 90, que curiosamente se había filmado en blanco y negro debido al bajo presupuesto del productor que, coincidencias aparte, era también el director y EL personaje silencioso. Por supuesto, vimos la película y, aunque nací en la era de la televisión a color, me hizo acordar a mi adolescencia viendo Wayne’s World y Beavis and Buthead.

A veces los colores pueden ser un simple accesorio, pero en este caso quiero creer que son esenciales.

Aquí presento algunas de las imágenes "Sweded" de Londres, una especie de ejercicio que estoy haciendo. Y, además, una re-visión de la ciudad.